This privacy statement is intended to inform users about how this website complies with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) in terms of the type, scope and purpose of data collection and use of personal data by the website operator, the Sivananda Medical Mission.
When visiting this website, the web server automatically records log files. These data includes, for example, browser type and version, operating system used, referrer URL (previously visited page), IP address of the requesting computer, server request date and time of access, and client file request (file name and URL). These data are collected only for the purpose of statistical evaluation. A transfer to third parties, for commercial or non-commercial purposes, does not take place.
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. To the extent that we collect personal data, this takes place, as far as possible, on a voluntary basis. These data will not be disclosed to third parties without your explicit consent.
Keep in mind that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating via e-mail) is subject to security vulnerabilities. Absolute protection of data from access by strangers is not possible.
Which data do we collect?
We collect personal data in order to process your inquiry or donation to the Sivananda Medical Mission. This information – consisting most basically of name, address, telephone number and e-mail address – is considered personal data because it can be traced back to you.
By completing a donation form or contact form, you consent to the storage and processing of your personal data for the creation, implementation and processing of your booking.
Data transfer to third parties
We only transfer personal data to third parties for the fulfilment of a contract. This applies to the companies involved in the processing of a donation, such as credit card companies, payment service providers, banks or transfer services. The basis for the transfer is Art. 6 paragraph 1(b) GDPR, which allows the processing of data to fulfill a contract or pre-contractual measures.
The transfer of your data to a third country without suitable guarantees is based on Article 49 paragraph 1(b) GDPR, which allows the transfer for the performance of a contract.
A further transfer of data will only take place if you have expressly consented to the transfer or if we are legally or officially obliged to do so, or if the transfer is necessary in connection with your use of the website.
Your data will not be transferred to third parties, such as for advertising purposes, without explicit consent.
Use of your data for advertising purposes
By post and by phone
In addition to processing your data to process your donation, we may also use this data to inform you by post about activities of the Sivananda Medical Mission.
You may revoke the use of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. A text message (letter, email) is sufficient. Use the following contact information:
Sivananda Medical Mission, Route de Fontenex 5 B, 1208, Geneva, Switzerland
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and that are assigned to the browser you are using and that provide certain information to the entity that sets the cookie. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They help make internet offerings overall more user-friendly and effective.
(2) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see a.)
– Persistent cookies (see b.).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular session cookies. These store what is known as a session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to a common session. This permits your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time from within the security settings of your browser.
- You can configure your browser setting to match your preferences and e.g. decline to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. “Third-party cookies” are cookies that have been set by a third party and therefore not by the actual website which you currently are on. Please note that disabling cookies may not enable you to use all features of this website.
This site uses the cookie opt-in cookie-script by Objectis Ltd. For statistical purposes, a counting pixel connects to the server of Cookie-Script. If you accept cookies on this website via our cookie banner, you accept the Matomo analytics cookie. This cookie is activated only with your express consent (opt-in).
Use of Matomo (formerly Piwik)
(1) Based on your consent (opt-in), this website uses the web analytics service Matomo to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics we collect permit us to improve our offerings and make them more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
(2) To perform this analysis, cookies are stored on your computer. The controller stores the information collected exclusively on its server in Germany. You can prevent this analysis by deleting existing cookies and preventing cookies from being stored. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we point out that you may not be able to use all features of this website. You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate setting in your browser, or by opting out on the Cookie Banner of this website.
(3) This website uses Matomo with the extension “PrivacyManager”. As a result, IP addresses are processed in shortened form, which means that a direct personal reference to you is excluded. The IP address transmitted by Matomo from your browser will not be merged with other data collected by us.
When using PayPal as your payment method, your personal data will also be transmitted to PayPal. You must open a PayPal account to use PayPal. When you use or open a PayPal account, you name, address, telephone number and email address etc. must be transmitted to PayPal. The legal basis for the transmission of this data is Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR (consent) and Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR (processing for the performance of a contract).
The PayPal payment service is operated by:
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
22-24 Boulevard Royal
Google Web Fonts
This site uses so-called web fonts provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”) for consistent presentation of fonts. When you access a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache to correctly display texts and fonts.
To do this, the browser you use must connect to Google’s servers. As a result, Google learns that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a consistent and attractive presentation of our online services. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
For cases in which personal information is transferred to Google LLC in the United States, Google has certified the US privacy protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which ensures compliance with the applicable data protection level in the EU.
Disclosure, correction and deletion of personal data
You may request, free of charge, information about the data we store about you if you wish to verify what information we store about you.
You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete data that the Sivananda Medical Mission has stored about you.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. However, we would like to point out that the Sivananda Medical Mission is subject to legal obligations that do not allow us to delete certain information immediately. These obligations result from accounting and tax laws. We may, however, anonymize your data, thereby preventing processing for purposes other than those required by law.
In addition, you can amend or revoke your declaration of consent at any time without stating reasons, with effect for the future. You can submit the revocation either by post or by e-mail to us. You will incur no other costs than the postage costs or the e-mail transmission costs according to the existing base rates.
A text message (letter, email) is sufficient. Use the following contact information:
Sivananda Medical Mission, Route de Fontenex 5 B, 1208, Geneva, Switzerland